Giant dream kitchens usually stay on television and magazines; most of us have to deal with more mundane dimensions in which to juggle to organize everything. It is advisable to flee from superfluous things and bet on multifunction, but there are kitchen accessories with a single function That can be tremendously useful.
Summer is the best time for Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, because they want more and because there is a great variety of season. And to overcome laziness or save time and effort, we can invest in small tools that will make our lives easier, even if we can only use them for a specific product.Live to the Palate17 recipes for a beach picnic and essential accessories so that it is not a sand chaos
Fackelmann 42016 - Handle boning, steel, assorted colorsToday on Amazon for € 11.99
The best mangoes come from the end of the summer, but it is a fantastic fruit to take advantage of already in the hottest months. It has a very particular way with a bone that can be a real nuisance, and not everyone is very good at cutting it by hand without making a mess.
This cutter accessory can be very practical for the less tricky or impatient; with a simple mechanism separate the fruit into two parts fully removing the central bone. It has very good reviews among users who have tried it and is on Amazon at a price of 11.99 euros.
Gazpacho or cold mango soup
- Ingredients for 2 people. 1 ripe mango, 20 g of onion, 35 g of yellow pepper, 15 g of cucumber, 1/2 clove of garlic, 50 g of vegetable stock, 15 g of apple cider vinegar, 20 g of extra virgin olive oil, ground white pepper, salt and 100 g of Greek yogurt.
- Elaboration. We clean and chop all the vegetables in the indicated way and introduce them in the glass of a blender together with the broth, vinegar, yogurt, a little pepper and salt. Crush until no pieces are seen. Add the oil and beat again at maximum power for a couple of minutes until emulsified. If we want a fine texture, we pass the mixture through a strainer and go.
Viral videos - and something false - apart, the pineapple It is one of the fruits that causes more headaches when it comes to cutting and serving. The simplest method asks to use a good knife and a large and safe board to first separate the entire crust, although it's not easy to get slices Perfectly round and clean. And you always have to separate the center, usually very hard and fibrous.
The special cutters work very well and are very simple to use, like this model of Jocca in stainless steel at only 7.90 euros. The pulp comes out perfect in a clean spiral, leaving the juices inside the crust to be able to reuse them. The interior, in fact, can be used as a container for drinks or decoration.
Jocca Pineapple Cutter, Stainless Steel, Silver, 3.2 cmToday on Amazon for € 7.90
Caramelized pork skewers with pineapple
- Ingredients for 4 people. 500 g of pork loin, 300 g of natural pineapple, the juice of 2 limes, 4 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce, 200 g of Cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Elaboration. We will start by cutting pork and pineapple into large dice. In a bowl we mix the lime juice, honey, soy sauce. Sriracha sauce and ginger. Remove and add the meat and pineapple dice, mix and marinate for 15 minutes. In some metal or wood skewers we insert a meat dice, a pineapple dice, a meat dice and a cherry tomato. We repeat this operation until filling the length of the skewer. Grease a hot pan with the oil and brown the skewers for about two minutes on each side until they are caramelized.
Nowadays it is easy to find strawberries almost all year round, and we can also enjoy that almost forgotten delight that summer strawberries are. For the most perfectionists, there are utensils for cut them into intact pieces, taking out the tail easily.
This set of two small utensils, at 7.69 euros, it will allow us to prepare a large amount of strawberries and strawberries for all kinds of sweet and savory recipes.The rabito extractor is essential to waste as little fruit as possible when cutting it.
Metaltex Mrs Berry Strawberry and Stainless Steel Blade Cutter Set, RedToday on Amazon for € 7.69
Avocado, strawberry and mozzarella salad
- Ingredients for 2 people. Curly lettuce, oak leaf or similar, arugula to taste, 10 strawberries, 20 g of pine nuts, 8 mini mozzarella balls, 1 avocado, blueberries to taste, sesame seeds, 45 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 15 ml of Modena vinegar, 5 ml of honey, salt and black pepper.
- Elaboration. We wash the leaves, drain and dry well. We remove the hard part of face sheet. We have on the basis of two plates and place some arugula leaves. Prepare a vinaigrette with oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and season the lettuce, reserving a couple of teaspoons. Wash the strawberries, remove the leaves and peduncle and cut. Drain the mozzarella balls on absorbent paper and cut them in half. Toast the pine nuts in a pan. Cut the avocado lengthwise, remove the bone and skin. We laminate each half and place them in the center of the plates, on the arugula. On both sides we place strawberries, mozzarella and blueberries, which provide a great sweet touch. We decorate with roasted pine nuts and sesame seeds. Water with a teaspoon of vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Peach and Nectarine Cutter
Two essential summer fruits as they are the peach and the nectarine they have very similar characteristics - not in vain they are practically brothers. With the same shape and a very similar bone, its manipulation is practically the same when it comes to consuming them or cooking sweet and savory dishes.
Prepare a good amount of pristine and perfect segments It can be a challenge for the less tricky with the knife, or the least patient in the kitchen. For them there is a practical special cutter, such as this Tescoma model at 4.64 euros, with the exact shape for this type of stone fruit.
Tescoma Presto - Peach-nectarine cutterToday on Amazon for € 4.64
Peach and Thyme Cake
- Ingredients. 125 g of baking flour, 1/2 teaspoon of chemical yeast, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of thyme, 1 envelope of vanilla sugar (about 7 g), 100 g of sugar, 1 L egg, 125 ml of buttermilk (or milk mixed with a teaspoon of lemon), 50 g of unsalted butter at room temperature, 1 large or 2 small peaches, extra sugar to sprinkle.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a low round mold, about 22 cm in diameter, greasing well. Sift flour into a bowl with yeast, baking soda, salt and thyme. In another bowl, beat the chopped butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar, using a rod mixer, until a smooth mixture is left. Add the egg and beat a little more. Incorporate the flour and buttermilk mixture alternating each addition, beating at low speed after each time, starting and ending with the flour. Spread the dough in the mold. Wash well and chop the peach into segments, with or without skin. Spread over the surface of the dough, pressing lightly. Sprinkle with a little more sugar and thyme. Bake on a rack for about 35 minutes, until well browned.
3-in-1 avocado cutter
Many already we don't know how to live without avocados; They have long since passed the border of being the fashionable food to be fully assimilated in our routines. But, again, we are with a peculiar fruit not quite easy to peel or bone. In fact, bad handling can cause domestic accidents.
How to get the perfect avocado meat to show off toast and salads worthy of magazine? The 3-in-1 avocado cutter It will be very practical if we consume it regularly. This OXO model, at 7.96 euros, allows you to open it, remove the bone and cut the pulp into unprocessed slices.
OXO Good Grips Avocado Cutter 3 in 1 - White Avocado PeelerToday on Amazon for € 7.96
Beet, avocado and nectarine salad
- Ingredients for 2 people. 2 cooked or roasted beets, 1 medium or large avocado, 1 crispy nectarine, 30 g of goat's cheese, 1 lemon or lime, black sesame seeds, fresh basil or tarragon, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt .
- Elaboration. Cut the beets into thin slices, at most half a centimeter thick. Arrange them as a base of two dishes or a large fountain. Open the avocado, remove the bone and remove the pulp with the help of a spoon. Cut lengthwise into thin pieces. Arrange the avocado over the beet and paint with lemon juice so that it does not rust too much. Cut the washed nectarine into pieces of a similar size and also place on the plates. Spread the shredded goat cheese. Salt very lightly and add freshly ground pepper. Dress with lemon or lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and distribute some tarragon or chopped fresh basil and sesame seeds to taste.
Full recipeLive to the Palate Melon, the king of summer: three cold soups and five salads to get the most out of it when temperatures rise
Herb and leaf vegetable peeler
Besides fruits and vegetables, summer is a splendid time for most of aromatic herbs. Although most stems are edible - and tasty - in many recipes we are not interested in using them. In the same way, the central "nerves" of leaves and cabbages like the kale They can be unpleasant and too hard.
To make life easier taking out the leaves We can use a very simple utensil, this curious peeler that we can find in a set of three units for 6.99 euros. You just have to pass the leaves or twigs through the appropriate hole to separate them.
Herbal leaf peeler, BPA-free plastic holes, vegetable leaf separator, peeling tool, collar greens, Kale, basil, leaf greenToday on Amazon for € 6.99
- Ingredients. 24 fresh basil leaves, 6 kale leaves, 3 tablespoons pine nuts, 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan, 1 small garlic clove, 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Elaboration. We start cleaning the kale, for this we remove the central nerve and scald the leaves in a pot of boiling water for 4 minutes. We drain them, cool them under the tap and dry them with absorbent paper. We put them in the blender glass next to the basil leaves, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil. We beat everything until we get a paste. We rectify the salt and pepper point and we can already serve it.
Watermelons and melons They taste like summer, although they are not very practical fruits to serve cleanly, especially in larger pieces. To facilitate the task and not have to peel a whole unit at once, we can use these cutting pliers.
The mechanism of use is very simple and allows to obtain straight elongated parts, extracting them directly of the fruit without staining our hands or filling everything with water and juices. It costs about 11.90 euros.
Ipac GEN101 Watermelon cutter in stainless steelToday on Amazon for € 11.90
Greek-style checkerboard salad with watermelon, cucumber and feta cheese
- Ingredients for 2 people. 1 cucumber, 500 g of watermelon, 200 g of feta cheese, ½ avocado, 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons of balsamic oil, salt.
- Elaboration. We will start by cutting the feta cheese into dice of two centimeters by two centimeters. We will prepare seven dice of the same size. We reserve We continue to cut the watermelon, looking for the principle for the part that does not carry seeds. We make other cubes of the same size, in this case 11. Cut the cucumber into equal dice. We alternate on a flat plate or a slate tray, the dice of different colors. We prepare the avocado by cutting it with a thinly sliced mandolin, which we will place on top. Dress with the mixture of oil and balsamic vinegar, and serve very cold.
Tomato and mozzarella cutter
The tomato is at its best in the hot months, and we will not always use it in cold soups. Cutting it into slices we can cook it on the grill or iron, make carpaccios, salads, topping pizzas and salty cakes ... and prepare the caprese salad in all its forms.
Everyone will cut the tomato with a knife, but if we want to be very perfectionist or save the effort, we can take advantage of this tomato cutter that It is also designed to slice mozzarella cheese. We will have a perfect caprese salad in a matter of seconds. On Amazon it is 13.77 euros.
Tescoma Handy Tomato and Mozzarella Cutter, Stainless Steel, 23 x 17 x 9.20 cmToday on Amazon for € 13.77
Caprese salad with peach
- Ingredients for 2 people. 200 g of fresh mozzarella, 2 medium tomatoes, 1 large peach, fresh basil, salt, extra virgin olive oil and modena vinegar.
- Elaboration. Wash and dry the tomatoes, peach and fresh basil leaves. We cut slices of equal size of tomato, peach and mozzarella. On a large plate we alternately place the peach, mozarrella, tomato and basil wheels until the plate is completed. If you prefer you can place the ingredients in another order. It is very good also if we put the tomato, mozzarella, basil and peach first. We make the dressing for our salad with salt, olive oil and Modena vinegar to taste. Water the salad just when we take it to the table.
Delicious roasted corncobs can be eaten in cartoon style, but it would be more suitable take out the beans and separate them of the trunk.
It can be made with a knife although it is not easy to extract all the intact pieces. There are various utensils in the market to make the task easier, although we are left with this type of screwdriver for its simple but practical design. Stainless steel and non-slip handle, is 6.49 euros.
Stainless Steel Rice Peeler Corers Cutter Stripper Kernel Cutter Remover Cooking GadgetToday on Amazon for € 6.49
Sauteed fresh corn and chicken salad
- Ingredients for 2 people. 1 ear of raw sweet corn, 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, 1 chicken breast, 1 oak leaf lettuce, 3 pear tomatoes, 30 g of soft goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil, salt and ground black pepper.
- Elaboration. Remove the corn cob leaves and filaments, cut the base and, if necessary, the tip. Wash and dry gently. Paint with olive oil and heat an iron or grill over medium-high heat. Cook the cob with a pinch of salt, turning it occasionally. It will take about 15-20 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Remove the beans, leaving the stem clean. Heat a pan with a little oil and add the beans, stirring carefully. Add all the spices, salt and pepper and saute for 8-10 minutes. Remove and cool. Prepare the salad by washing the lettuce well and cutting the chicken into strips, or fraying it. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Place a base of well-drained leaves, spread the corn, tomato and chicken. Add the goat cheese and dress with good extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Fackelmann 42016 - Handle boning, steel, assorted colorsToday in Amazon for € 11.99
Jocca Pineapple Cutter, Stainless Steel, Silver, 3.2 cmToday in Amazon for € 7.90
OXO Good Grips Avocado Cutter 3 in 1 - White Avocado PeelerToday in Amazon for € 7.96
Metaltex Mrs Berry Strawberry and Stainless Steel Blade Cutter Set, RedToday in Amazon for € 7.69
Tescoma Presto - Peach-nectarine cutterToday in Amazon for € 4.64
Herbal leaf peeler, BPA-free plastic holes, vegetable leaf separator, peeling tool, collar greens, Kale, basil, leaf greenToday in Amazon for € 6.99
Ipac GEN101 Watermelon cutter in stainless steelToday in Amazon for € 11.90
Tescoma Handy Tomato and Mozzarella Cutter, Stainless Steel, 23 x 17 x 9.20 cmToday in Amazon for € 13.77
Stainless Steel Rice Peeler Corers Cutter Stripper Kernel Cutter Remover Cooking GadgetToday in Amazon for € 6.49