If in summer we love fresh desserts taking advantage of summer fruit, when temperatures return to encourage us to turn on the oven Other products come into play. The apple is still the queen of cakes and pies, but there is another seasonal fruit that also deserves its recognition: the delicious and versatile pear.
In fact practically any recipe for apples prepared using pears of our favorite variety, although the results will obviously be different. The pear has a less floury texture, is much crunchier when fresh, and acquires a very special aromatic sweetness as it matures. With these three pear tarts We claim its prominence in sweet cooking.Live to the PalateCandy roasted pears with chantilly: simple dessert recipe
We have pears all year round, but there are more typical summer varieties and others that come to us from the beginning of autumn until the end of winter. The tasty conference National is in full season, also the pear lemon tree wave ercolina, perhaps one of the best to prepare desserts.
Its elegant shape, especially in smaller varieties, allows cook them whole and even introduce them as is, or split in half, inside cakes, biscuits and cakes. Hold much better than the apple if we want to cook it in a syrup or other sweet liquid, as in the case of the popular pears in wine.
If you are passionate about baking with apples, be encouraged to give pears a chance with one of these irresistible cake recipes. They combine wonderfully with spices, nuts and other fruits such as berries.Direct to the Palate Special pears and lemon cream cake, easy and quick dessert recipe, ideal for celebrations
Three pear pie recipes
Spiced pears pie with honey
- Ingredients for 8 people. 1 sheet of breeze or broken dough, 5 pears, 50 g of digestive biscuits, 4 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1 pinch of nutmeg, juice of 1 lemon.
- Elaboration. We spread the puff pastry on a removable mold lined with a sheet of baking paper. Prick the dough with a fork and store it in the fridge while preparing the filling. Preheat the oven to 180º C. Peel the pears, laminate them and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Crush the cookies and cover with them the bottom of the lined mold. Above we have the pear. In a separate bowl we mix the honey with the spices and the lemon juice that has been left over. We paint the cake with half the spiced honey and bake it for 20 minutes. We take the cake out of the oven and repaint it with the rest of the honey. Bake another 10 or 15 minutes, until it is golden brown and let it cool before unmolding.
Pear cake with almond cream
- Ingredients for 4-6 people. 1 sheet of puff pastry, 3 pears, 250 g of sugar for syrup, 350 g of water for syrup, 80 ml of maple or honey syrup, 50 g of sugar, 50 g of butter at room temperature, 1 teaspoon of essence of vanilla, 1 egg yolk, 80 g of ground almonds, 2 tablespoons of pastry flour, 2 tablespoons of Porto.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180º C. Peel the pears and put them whole with water and sugar to boil 10 minutes. We booked on a plate. For the almond cream we beat the butter with the rest of the sugar and the vanilla, until it turns pale and creamy. Add the yolk, ground almond and flour and mix until you get a lump free dough. Cut the puff pastry in two and wet half lightly with water using a brush. We place the other half on top, and with the tip of a knife we mark a 1-2 cm edge, pricking the central part of the dough with a fork. Brush with half the maple syrup, pour the almond cream into a pastry bag or a frozen bag and make some cylinders on top. We place the pears and paint them with the rest of the syrup. Bake 25 minutes or until we see the puff pastry risen and browned.
Caramelized pear and blueberry pie
- Ingredients for 4 people. 1 sheet of puff pastry, 8 pears type ercolina or similar, 50 g of butter, 50 g of sugar, 60 g of blueberries, 30 g of almond in granillo, ground cinnamon to taste.
- Elaboration. We preheat the oven to 180º C. We peel the pears, leave two to leave in quarters and the rest we fillet. In a pan we put the butter and sugar and a little cinnamon; Heat until it starts to brown. We toss the pears and caramelize them a few minutes until they are slightly soft. We put everything in a cake pan, reserving the rooms to decorate. We toss the blueberries and the almond granillo. We spread the puff pastry on top and prick the surface with a fork. Let's tuck the edges of the dough in. We bake 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before trying to turn it around. We decorated it with the pear quarters we had reserved.